Sabtu, 06 September 2014

Don’t judge a book from its cover!


You’ve probably often read about this title. Yes, it is an old proverb. People usually judge someone only by looking the outside appearance,so did I. But my experience lately really open my mind that it’s so unfair to do that. 



Last night, someone shared her story to me. She and her friends were deceived by a man’s cover. He was so famous, calm and religius. But his attitude was so unpredictable. He did something that made his environment shock, really shock. I don’t want to tell it here, since it was a bad behaviour. But we should be wise and remember that not all people are like him.
 

Another story. It happened a few days after Eid Mubarak. I visited someone’s house which was really far away from city. The house is deep in the village. I was so bored and impatient during the journey. After arriving there, I met the hostess. She let me in. Then, the host came. He was a simple man wearing ‘sarung’. Both of them treated me well. I looked around the house. It is not so luxurious. When we were chatting, suddenly he received a phone call. Guess what? It was the-most-important-person-in this-country. It was a shocking call for me. Then, we visited his back yard. Do you know what? There was a building under his liltle house. It hasn’t finished yet. He said that he built it for people who mentally ill. Masya Allah! Have we ever thougt to help crazy people? Even, we just ignore them when we saw them. But here, I found the one who care and think to help them. The one who is not a milliarder, yet the simple one. Then there was a phone call again. It was also the-second-important-person-in-this-country. Unfortunately, the connection was bad because the caller was abroad. Then the host called him back. Don’t he think about the expensive pulse? *I said to myself. Then he said that his minimal pulse is 200.000. Wow. Even, me, the seller of pulse but never did I have 200.000 for my own. From the meeting, I kept asking myself. 


Why did Allah let me meet him?

Why did Allah let me go to the house?


From that, I tried to be husnuzan or positive thingking. Probably Allah want to tell me implicitly  not to judge someone from the appearance. Indeed, physical appearance doesn't define who we really are.